Thursday, May 10, 2012

Racing Mind


At times, like anyone else, especially now I sometimes feel stressed or just need a moment to clear my head.  For me the best way to clear my head is to get out of the house and just walk.   Not in any specific direction or with a destination but just walk.  Taking it all in, the air, my surroundings, everything I can.  Right now, because of where I’m currently living my walks are within the Hollywood area of Los Angeles.  I like to watch people, in the most non-stalking type of way possible.  I always wonder to myself, what are they thinking?  Do they notice me noticing them?  Are they going through problems or are they happy?  Or are they like me and just wondering the same thing?  I tend to think a lot, probably why I don’t get much sleep, my mind is always racing.  My Papa always called me a day dreamer because I would be anywhere and just drift off into deep unconscious thoughts.  The mind, it’s such a crazy thing when you think about it.  With a single thought your moods can transfer from one extreme to another.  You can be the happiest person in the world or you could be carrying around the deepest, darkest of feelings.  And when you look back at the moments where you had these thoughts, was it someone that put you in these moods?  Was a stranger, a family member, a friend, or maybe a friend that you wish was more.  Whether or not you realize it, there is always someone you can think of that will turn your mood around.  Take a second and think of that person.  You got it?  Now make sure they know how you feel.  Because the one thing you’ll never get back is that moment you should have said something but didn’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment