Friday, May 25, 2012

Live YOUR Life


Someone told me that I should watch the One Tree Hill.  Well I took her advise.

One Tree Hill was a show struggled year after year.  Not with fans but with the network it was on.  The show survived nine seasons on basically a year to year contract, never knowing when or if it would be picked back up for another season.  OTH has one of the largest fan bases of any current TV show.  However it was more than just a TV show.  It actually taught any viewing audience member of any age life lessons.  The show dealt with everything from single parent homes, love, teen pregnancy, drinking, drugs and violence; all in all it dealt with everyday struggles that any teen/young adult goes through today.  Each episode was filled with great quotes that if actually applied could change your very way of thinking.

One of my favorite quotes comes from One Tree Hill, which ended the series this year after nine amazing season.  I believe it was quotes twice throughout its nine seasons.

“Take a look at yourself in the mirror, who do you see looking back?  Is it the person you want to be?  Or is there someone else you were meant to be, the person you were meant to be but fell short of?  Is someone telling you, you can’t or won’t?  Because you can.  Sometimes happiness doesn’t come from money or fame or power.  Sometimes happiness comes from good friends and family and the quiet nobility of leading a good life.  So take a look in that mirror and remind yourself to be happy because you deserve to be.  Believe that.  And believe that dreams come true every day.  Because they do.”

As I read this quote over and over again I find that it can truly apply to ANYONE.  When you do look in that mirror are you seeing that person that you wanted to be?  The person you strive to be?  Or is there really someone looking back at you.  Someone that makes you ask yourself, who are you?  Where and when did I lose my way?  Am I there person I am today because people have shot down my dreams?  Because they told me that it will be too difficult to reach certain goals so I gave up and just settled for something less then what I know I am capable of.

In my eyes this quote is spot on.  You should do things for YOU.  Not for others and not just so you can blend in with the rest of the crowd.  If being a doctor or actor or chef is something you want to be, then go after it.  Become that of which you desire, don’t listen to the people who are telling you its too hard and you CAN’T do it.  Most of the time people just say those things because they don’t want to be alone in the mundane life they lead.  No matter who you are, what your past has been your future is always bright you just have to believe in yourself.  Do whatever makes you happy.  “So take a look in that mirror and remind yourself to be happy because you deserve to be.”

No comments:

Post a Comment